Welcome to the VA Chapter of The Health Physics Society
We are an organization representing Health Physics and Radiological Engineering Professionals across the state of Virginia. Given the wide range of Nuclear and Radiological facilities within Virginia, our members stem from nearly all areas of Health Physics. This diversity in experience provides a wealth of expertise to the chapter.
Our mission is to motivate excellence in the field of Health Physics through professional development, community involvement, and ethical practice.
- 2019 Science Teacher Workshop, 4 July - 2 August
- VA ANS/HPS still looking for members to join the planning committee!
- VAHPS Spring 2019 Meeting, ODU, Norfolk, VA: 17 May 2019
- VAHPS Annual Meeting, Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center, Charlottesville: 27 & 28 April 2018
- VAHPS Fall Meeting, Jefferson Lab, Newport News: 9 November 2017
- VAHPS Annual Meeting, Richmond: 28 & 29 April 2017
- VAHPS Fall Meeting: 04 November 2016
- 40th Anniversary Celebration: 30 April 2016
- VAHPS Fall Meeting, Jefferson Lab, Newport News: November 13, 2015
- VAHPS Annual Meeting: April 24, 2015
- 2015 Meeting Announcement: January 2015
- Fall Meeting Minutes:November 2014
- VAHPS Annual Meeting: 12 April 2010
- Field trip to Hampton University's Proton Beam facility: 24 October 2009
- Annual Chapter meeting: 28 May 2009
- Joint meeting with NC Chapter in New Bern, NC: 12-13 March 2009
- VA-ANS Meeting: 18 Sept. 2008
- North Carolina HPS Fall Meeting: 6-7 Nov. 2008
- VAHPS Annual Meeting at Innsbrook Technical Center: 30 May 2008
- Joint meeting with ANS at Innsbrook: 19 March 2008