The Nonionizing Radiation (NIR) section is hosting a special topical session during the upcoming HPS annual meeting in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday 9 July 2019, starting at 8:20 AM in the Orange B room of the Hilton Orlando. The session will host highly regarded invited speakers who will present on the following topics:
- Overview of Safety Standards for Non-ionizing Electromagnetic Fields (0-300 GHz)
- Transient Thermal Responses of Tissue to Millimeter-Wave Pulses
- Assessing RF Exposure by Analysis: Estimating RF Fields through Calculation
- RF Field Measurements: Overview of Instruments and Techniques
- RF Safety Programs: The What, Why, When and Where
- Communicating the Science and Risk of Emerging Technologies in a Sea of Intuitive Toxicology and Cognitive Bias
Following the last special session presentation pleased join us for the presentation
of the 2019 NIR Distinguished Service Award to Richard Tell. The award presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with the invited speakers.
There will be two additional presentations from section members on topics of contemporary interest. One will discuss safety aspects of Commercial Wireless Towers on Collage Campus and the other presentation will focus on the Health Physics Considerations for Fielding the Army's Solid State Active Denial Technology.
The NIR section will hold its annual section meeting on Tuesday afternoon, 9 July 2019 at 5:00 PM (17:30) EDT in the room Orange B of the Hilton Orlando.