Welcome to the Instrumentation Section's Home Page
I’d like to introduce the Society to the new Instrumentation Section. As president of this new section I’d like to give everyone a quick summary what we do, and our goals. The Instrumentation Section is devoted to promoting the mutual interests of society members in instrumentation for radiation detection, measurement and analysis in health physics, and radiation protection applications. Instrumentation is needed for all health physics applications to measure and understand the effects of radiation, we believe we have something to offer every member of the Health Physics Society and encourage everyone to join the section.
The members of the Instrumentation Section include representatives from all disciplines of Health Physics including manufacturers and end users.
The objectives of the section include:
• To improve communication between those involved in health physics and radiation protection instrumentation activities;
• To provide forums for discussion and resolution of scientific, technical, and administrative problems related to health physics and radiation protection instrumentation;
• To provide coordination between the development of health physics and radiation protection instrument regulatory and administrative standards and relevant standards under development by private and professional organizations; and
• To share information, documents, procedures, selection, testing, best pracices, and standardization of health physics and radiation protection instrumentation.
• To foster information related to the testing and evaluation of radiation instrumentation. Including the interfaces between NIST, calibration facilities, the user of the instrumentation, and the final target of the information collected by the users (the public, government, private companies, etc.).
I’m excited to announce that the instrumentation section is officially chartered and all members now have the ability to join the section. Please join us.
Nathan Smith CHP