||The objectives of the Chapter are to aid in the work of health physics, to improve dissemination of information between individuals in this field and related fields, to improve public understanding of the problems and needs in radiation protection, to promote and improve health physics as a profession, and to promote within the Chapter's jurisdiction the activities of the Health Physics Society.
: The NJCHPS is now on FaceBook. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/njhps/
to find some interesting current events, history and pictures. Thanks to Council Member Tom Dobbs for bringing us into the current media forum.
: The NJCHPS has supported the nomination of former NJHPS member, Glenn Sturchio, to become a "Fellow" in the Health Physics Society.
| June 10, 2015, Chapterís fun-filled Annual Meeting, to include raffles/auction, and guest presenter. Location: Holiday Inn, Davidson Road, Somerset, NJ. Look for addition details soon.|
| August 15 or 16. The Chapterís Summer Picnic/Outing, A family event at the Monmouth Race Track. Exact date and details will follow. |
| Autumn meeting at Don Pepe Restaurant in Newark, NJ, with national Pres. Elect Robert Cherry is in our planning sights.
- April 15, 2015, Frazier Bronson, CHP, presents "Babies, Spiders, and Persimmons: Adventures in post-Fukushima Japan", Hosted by Princeton, University, Joseph Henry Room, Jadwin Hall (see the photo section)
- September 16, 2014 Dr. Mohan Doss presents "Low-Dose Radiation is Beneficial, Not Harmful".
- June 26, 2013, DNA to D&D: A Molecular Biologist's Foray Into Am-241 Health Physics
Dr. Walt Lilly, Southeast Missouri State University
- June 14, 2012, Annual Meeting (click here for info)
- April 26, 2012, Meeting (click here for info)
Presentation Topic: Decommissioning of a 1920s-Era Chemistry Lab Building and Assorted Surprises
What Exactly Were They Doing with That Radium?
- Highlights of the new ANSI Z136.8 Ė 2012 Laser Standard for Research, Development, and Testing (01/17/2013)
- Grassroots Preparedness, a Radiation Risk Scale, and Marketing of Health Physics (11/10/2011)
- Agreement State Q&A Session (10/05/2011)
- 2011 NJHPS Annual Meeting (06/13/2011)
- Tour of PPPL (04/26/2011)