|The NJ Chapter Council is planning two more events before any of the summer's special activities.|
1. HOLD THE DATE: Thursday, June 9, 2016
The NJCHPS Annual meeting at the Holiday Inn, Somerset, NJ. DETAILS WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY. Mary Dorman, Asst Director and RSO, Univ. Maryland, "What is Suspicious Behavior" (a very intriguing actual Part 37 event).
2. HOLD THE DATE: Sunday, September 11, 2016
Annual summer outing at the Monmouth Park Race Track. Please look for email and Facebook announcements with details. (FREE)
- Thursday, April 14, 2016: Dr. Joe Shonka from Atlanta, GA presented "Concerns for Aircrew Radiation Exposure" at an evening meeting at Princeton University. Dr. Shonka's extended presentation provided details of recently discovered natural sources of radiation, such as Solar Neutrons and Gamma radiation from lightning, that is not yet being accounted for in estimates of aircrew radiation exposure. There is clearly a HP need to further evaluate this situation. Thank you to Sue Dupre, Princeton's RSO, for arranging an outstanding venue. Please also visit the photo section.
- January 14, 2016: Rutgers University hosted an extended meeting regarding "Implementation of Part 37" with speakers: Randolph C. Ragland, Jr.,CHP, Senior Health Physicist, NRC Region 1, and Richard Peros, Supervisor, State of New Jersey, DEP, Bureau of Environmental Radiation. The presentation is available here. The meal was catered by Famous Dave's" featuring BBQ Chicken and Beef Brisket. Randy's PowerPoint presentation is available on the NJ Chapter FaceBook page!! (Thank you USNRC). There were had 34 attendees. Also check out the photo section.
- Nov. 10, 2015 presentation by Mr. Matt Norton from DDES, Topic: "High Chemical Hazard and DU, D&D project in MA". Photographs in the photo section.
- Wed. Oct. 7, 2015: Autumn meeting at Don Pepe Restaurant in Newark, NJ, with national Pres. Elect Robert Cherry. Photographs in the photo section.
- August 16, 2015: The NJCHPS held it's Annual Picnic at the Monmouth Park Horse Race Track. WE THANK Chase Environmental for helping support this event. Sue Dupre did a wonderful job coordinating this for the Chapter. Mike Drzyzga took some great photographs, see the photo section.
- June 10, 2015, Chapter's fun-filled Annual Meeting, to include raffles/auction, and guest presenter. Location: Holiday Inn, Davidson Road, Somerset, NJ. For details click here.
Mike Drzyzga and Pat McDermott's "Mug Shot"
Mikes receives the Chapter's glass "coffee" mug for being the presenter on June 10, 2015.
- April 15, 2015, Frazier Bronson, CHP, presents "Babies, Spiders, and Persimmons: Adventures in post-Fukushima Japan", Hosted by Princeton, University, Joseph Henry Room, Jadwin Hall (see the photo section)
- September 16, 2014 Dr. Mohan Doss presents "Low-Dose Radiation is Beneficial, Not Harmful".
- June 26, 2013, DNA to D&D: A Molecular Biologist's Foray Into Am-241 Health Physics
Dr. Walt Lilly, Southeast Missouri State University
- June 14, 2012, Annual Meeting (click here for info)
- April 26, 2012, Meeting (click here for info)
Presentation Topic: Decommissioning of a 1920s-Era Chemistry Lab Building and Assorted Surprises
What Exactly Were They Doing with That Radium?
- Highlights of the new ANSI Z136.8 – 2012 Laser Standard for Research, Development, and Testing (01/17/2013)
- Grassroots Preparedness, a Radiation Risk Scale, and Marketing of Health Physics (11/10/2011)
- Agreement State Q&A Session (10/05/2011)
- 2011 NJHPS Annual Meeting (06/13/2011)
- Tour of PPPL (04/26/2011)