Friday, March 24, 2017 from 1-6pm
UAB School of Health Professions
1705 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL
- 3 guest speakers
- Tour of the UAB cyclotron
- Officer elections (we are taking nominations for all positions - President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Webmaster. Anyone interested should contact Emily Caffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org
to nominate themselves or a friend!)
The Health Physics Society is a scientific and professional organization whose members specialize in occupational and environmental radiation safety. The primary purpose of the Society is to support its members in the practice of their profession. The Society also promotes public information preparation and dissemination, education and training opportunities, and scientific information exchange through conferences and meetings and posting current news items.
This Chapter's primary objectives are:
- Encourage the dissemination of information between individuals in the field of radiation
safety and related fields.
- Improve public understanding of the problems and needs in radiation safety.
- Provide open lines of communication between local chapter members and the
National Health Physics Society.